This is a paid, full-time position for 3 months, with a possible extension. Internship to begin in mid-January (start and end dates are flexible). Application deadline is Friday, December 15, 2017.
Research!America is committed to advancing human health by making biomedical and health research a higher national priority. We advocate for a federal policy climate that helps empower our nation’s biomedical and health research sectors as they work to accelerate medical progress. For more information about Research!America, click here.
Research!America is offering a paid, temporary internship in our Arlington office. Interns assist the organization in advancing its mission and objectives. Internships are typically 3 month appointments.
- Assist with basic Website content updates
- Assist with content for blog posts and social media accounts
- Assist with preparations for speaking engagements
- Write, proofread, fact-check and edit newsletter articles, press materials, and emails to Research!America members
- Contribute to reports and analysis of media coverage
- Contribute to analysis of poll data
- Participate in communications strategy and program planning meetings
- Provide on-site support at Capitol Hill briefings and other events
- Other projects as assigned
Ideal candidates will have a strong academic background, excellent writing and editing skills, and an interest in medical and health research and related policy issues. Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) is required; experience with Web content management systems, blog software and social media is strongly preferred.
Graduate students or recent graduates with a science, health, communications, journalism, public policy or related degree or degree program.
Internship salary is competitive, based on experience. Research!America also provides a transportation benefit.
E-mail résumé, cover letter (including academic status and availability), three writing samples, and three references with contact information by Friday, December 15, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.