Research!America, an alliance that advocates for science, discovery, and innovation in order to achieve better health for all, is seeking a creative, highly organized, and energetic communications professional to join the team as a Communications Specialist. The Communications Specialist will work directly with the Director of Communications. Responsibilities include writing and editing communications materials and providing communications support for a variety of projects, campaigns, and events to increase support for public and private sector research and innovation among policymakers, media and the public.
The ideal candidate will have a BA in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field, plus a minimum of three years related experience; graphic design skills and experience using Adobe suite; strong verbal and written communications skills; expertise with digital platforms and website content management systems; social media coordination; understanding of Google Analytics, SEO, social media analytics, content strategy, and content marketing; experience with membership associations; excellent organization and time management skills ability to multitask and prioritize assignments; self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Create graphics, data visualizations, infographics, and design printed and online materials in support for events and other public outreach.
- Manage Research!America’s Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram accounts.
- Track website and social media analytics, providing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual analysis and recommendations based on data.
- Support the maintenance of the website content management system (Drupal) ensuring fresh, up-to-date content is available.
- Assist with developing communications/marketing initiatives to improve online engagement.
- Develop social media plans for annual events and various advocacy initiatives.
- Write, edit, proofread, and fact-check materials: newsletter articles, press materials, email communications, fact sheets, invitations, annual report content, letters to the editor, etc.
- Assist with development and membership communication plans and support execution.
- Work with membership team to engage and steward members through digital properties.
- Assist with PowerPoint development for executive speaking engagements as needed.
- Assist with analyzing public opinion survey data as needed.
- Other projects as assigned
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a communications-related environment, preferably in nonprofit or higher education.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing or a related field
- Proficiency in social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite, and others and website content management systems.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
Research!America offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, parking or Metro benefits, and a convenient location in Crystal City.
E-mail résumé and cover letter with contact information to email@example.com by July 26, 2019. No phone calls please. EEO.