Content and Design Specialist
Research!America, an alliance that advocates for science, discovery, and innovation in order to achieve better health for all, is seeking a creative, highly organized, and energetic communications professional to join the team as our Content and Design Specialist. The Content and Design Specialist will work directly with the Director of Communications and the Senior Manager of Communications. Responsibilities include designing, writing, and editing communications materials and providing communications support for a variety of projects, campaigns, and events to increase support for public and private sector research among policymakers, media, and the public.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, or a related field, plus a minimum of three years of related experience; graphic design skills and experience using Adobe suite and Canva; project management experience; strong verbal and written communications skills; proficiency with digital platforms and website content management systems; social media coordination; understanding of Google Analytics, SEO, social media analytics, content strategy, and content marketing; experience with membership associations; excellent organization and time management skills; ability to multitask and prioritize assignments; self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Create graphics, data visualizations, infographics, and design printed and online materials in support of events and other public outreach.
- Manage Research!America’s Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram accounts.
- Track website and social media analytics, providing recommendations based on data.
- Support the maintenance of the website content management system (Drupal) ensuring fresh, up-to-date content.
- Assist with developing communications/marketing initiatives to improve online engagement.
- Develop social media strategies for annual events and various advocacy initiatives.
- Write, edit, proofread, and fact-check publications and communications
- Assist with development and membership communication plans and support execution.
- Work with membership team to engage and steward members through digital properties.
- Assist with PowerPoint development for executive speaking engagements as needed.
- Assist with analyzing public opinion survey data as needed.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a communications-related environment, preferably in nonprofit or higher education.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, or a related field
- Proficiency in social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite; and website content management systems.
- Proficiency with design software.
Research!America offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, parking or Metro benefits, and a convenient location in Crystal City.
Email résumé and cover letter with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. EEO. Please apply by November 15, 2019.