Research!America, an alliance that advocates for science, discovery, and innovation in order to achieve better health for all, is seeking an experienced executive assistant to provide primary administrative support to a highly in-demand President and CEO. As a key player in building both internal and external relationships, the Executive Assistant is expected to expertly and efficiently manage the administrative affairs of the president’s office, and support relationships with high-level executives, donors and board members; exercising confidentiality and use of good judgment, along with a high degree of tact and diplomacy. The Executive Assistant is primary support for the president’s meetings, including taking lead to research background materials.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, polished professional who is an expert at multi-tasking and organization in a fast-paced environment, is highly proficient in Microsoft Office and data systems entry, has proven ability at flawless communication and writing, and has demonstrated experience with complex meeting and travel arrangements. Administrative support experience in a development office is a plus.
- Coordinate all aspects of the President’s schedule, including extensive travel arrangements, speaking engagements, individual appointments and meetings. Research and prepare background materials for meetings.
- Facilitate efficient communication between all levels of the President's internal and external relationships. Compose and edit correspondence, reports and other documents as directed.
- Ensure timely entry of new contacts or change of contact information for key contacts provided by the President.
- Maintain the president’s curriculum vitae, bio, files, expense reports and correspondence.
- Coordinate meetings with the executive leadership team. Record meeting notes and disseminate action items to appropriate members of the team.
- Schedule meetings for committees of Research!America’s Board of Directors, track meeting attendance, and maintain up-to-date biographical information for all board members and emeritus directors.
- In support of the organization’s goals and objectives, perform other duties and responsibilities assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of seven years of administrative support experience for executive level management
- Demonstrated ability to represent the President and the organization with a high degree of professionalism and maturity
- Demonstrated detail-oriented organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and work well under deadline pressure
- Self-motivation with demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and initiate the administrative support needs of the President
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
Research!America offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, parking or Metro benefits, and a convenient location in Crystal City.
E-mail résumé and cover letter with contact information to email@example.com by August 21, 2019. Only applicants with prior senior administrative assistant or executive administrative experience will be considered. No phone calls please. EEO.