Science Policy Fellowship, sponsored by Howard Hughes Medical Institute
We are not currently accepting applications for the Science Policy Fellowship. Check back later for updates.
Research America’s Mission
The Research!America alliance advocates for science, discovery, and innovation to achieve better health for all. We advocate for a federal policy climate that helps empower our nation’s biomedical and health research sectors as they work to accelerate medical progress. For more information about Research!America, click here.
Research!America is offering a paid, temporary fellowship in our Crystal City office. Fellows assist the organization in advancing its mission and objectives through education, advocacy and public policy activities. Fellowships are typically 3 month appointments.
The science policy fellows will:
- Track relevant policy issues, including budget and appropriations legislation
- Perform background research and write fact sheets, newsletter articles and text for Research!America’s website
- Complete and present a self-directed project on a science policy topic relevant to the mission of Research!America
- Attend briefings, meetings, and hearings on Capitol Hill, as well as events off Capitol Hill that are relevant to our organization’s mission
- Provide administrative and project management support as requested
Individuals with a PhD or other terminal degree who seek science policy experience in the areas of biomedical research, health services research and other health research disciplines, and related Research!America priorities. Ideal candidates have a strong academic background and excellent oral and written communication skills. Familiarity with the health and life sciences research sectors is preferred. Candidates must have experience with Microsoft Office software.