Contact your Representative
- Be concise. For a letter or email write no more than 1 page.
- Before a phone call, write no more than three sentences about how research saves lives and money
- Include just a few details or examples to support your statement
- Use concrete examples to illustrate what you want to say
- Choose different examples for different audiences. For example, when presenting to someone that has a child with diabetes, use examples from the diabetes issue brief about how research helps save lives