Get Involved in Public Health Thank You Day
Public Health Thank You Day Materials
Social media is an excellent way to get the word out, and we hope you will help us thank public health professionals, using the official hashtag: #PHTYD
Below are some sample Tweets and Facebook posts to help guide your conversations.
Here are some examples of tweets you can use to share your support for PHTYD!
- Sending a massive thank you to all public health workers! We appreciate your efforts to enhance the health and well-being of Americans through research, disease prevention, emergency preparedness, and more. Happy Public Health Thank You Day! #PHTYD #PublicHealthHeroes
- Today is Public Health Thank You Day! Join us in recognizing the public health workforce for their tireless work to combat urgent public health crises! #PHTYD
- Community health workers have the unique ability to bring information where it's needed most. They can reach community residents at home putting them at the frontline helping to reduce health disparities in underserved communities. #PHTYD #HealthWorkersCount
- 75% of new diseases in the last 10 years were caused by zoonotic pathogens, according to @WHO. Veterinarians are crucial to diagnosing, monitoring, researching, and controlling zoonotic diseases that pose major risks to human health. #PHTYD
- According to @WHO and @UNICEF, in 2015, 91% of the world’s population used drinking water from improved sources partially due to the efforts of #PublicHealthWorkers. Thank you for all that you've done! #PHTYD
- #CPR saves lives. According to 2014 data from @American_Heart nearly 455 of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest victims survived when bystander CPR was administered. #PHTYD #PublicHealthHero
- #Epidemiology, the study of health and disease in populations, has contributed to major scientific discoveries such as the relationship between cigarette smoking and common diseases. These #DiseaseDetectives have helped save countless lives. Thank you! #PHTYD
- Most Americans live within 5 miles of a pharmacy and this access, combined with clinical expertise, positions pharmacists as an important part of public health. They provide important preventative and wellness services such as screenings and vaccinations that help maintain our health. #PHTYD #PublicHealthHeroes
- Scientists in academic, industry, and government labs develop treatments and cures against the largest public health threats. From the polio vaccine to antiretroviral therapies for #HIV #AIDS, researchers are vital to supplying tools to public health professionals. #PHTYD #PublicHealthHeroes
Today is Public Health Thank You Day! We appreciate the efforts of the public health workforce to enhance health and well-being and sustain healthy communities nationwide and globally through research, disease prevention, emergency preparedness, and more. Make sure you tell them thanks! #PHTYD #PublicHealthHeroes
Today is Public Health Thank You Day! We appreciate the efforts of the public health workforce to enhance health and well-being and sustain healthy communities nationwide and globally through research, disease prevention, emergency preparedness, and more. Thank you for the work you do! #PHTYD #PublicHealthHeroes
Give your hero a thank you certificate! Download an editable certificate template.
Download Public Health Thank You Day banners to share on social media here!
Submitting a letter to the editor can be a way to publicly thank public health professionals in your local media outlet. Tailor the LTE to your state or public health organization. Download the template in an editable Word document. Here are some tips on writing an LTE.
This Thanksgiving week, let’s thank our <INSERT NAME OF STATE/CITY> public health professionals who are committed to overcoming challenges and finding solutions to protect the health of all Americans. They dedicate their time and energy to combat public health crises such as the opioid epidemic and other health threats. These heroes keep our children safe from infectious disease by developing and disseminating vaccines, promote mental health for our veterans and community, and help prevent injuries, among many other efforts!
Along with Research!America, an alliance that advocates for science, discovery, and innovation to achieve better health for all, <YOUR ORGANIZATION NAME> will mark Monday, November 25, as Public Health Thank You Day and salute our public health heroes by <INSERT EXAMPLES.>
To learn more, please visit publichealththankyouday.org.
Tailor the press release to your state or public health organization. Download the template in an editable Word document.
Return to the PHTYD home page.