Join us for #CuresNOW Delivery Week August 15-19!
In the delivery phase, researchers deploy health services research, health economics research and behavioral research to optimize the delivery of health care, help Americans protect and enhance their individual health, ensure that medical advances reach the right patients in the right settings at the right time, minimize medical errors and in other ways work to maximize the value of medical progress to patients and their loved ones.
We hope the final Cures package expands and improves telehealth; recognizes the importance of health services research to improve the delivery of health care; and makes meaningful, positive changes in the lives of patients.
- Are you a patient that has benefited from research? Share your story.
- Sign up for the #CuresNOW Thunderclap on or before August 24
- Share why #CuresNOW is meaningful to you - take a selfie using our template sign
- Share tweets about the delivery phase of research
About the initiative:
Congress needs to get the Cures legislation across the finish line in September.
Join the Save Lives. Support Cures. advocacy initiative throughout August to show strong support for finding cures and modernizing our nation’s research and innovation ecosystem. Follow, engage, and connect your Cures message using the hashtag #CuresNOW.
There are several easy ways to join the initiative this month:
- Send a #CuresNOW tweet via Twitter directly to House and Senate members.
- Call your representatives and urge them to support this lifesaving act Friday of each week in August
- Send a message to House and Senate members to finish work on the Cures bill.
- Check out our Twibbon to add a #CuresNOW banner to your Facebook profile picture, and more!
Need a refresher on the Cures legislation? Read the House 21st Century Cures Bill section by section summary here and the Senate Health Committee press release on the progress of the companion legislation here.