November 2018: The Research Advocate
November 2, 2018
The November 2018 newsletter is now online.
Highlights from this month include:
- Research!America's will host a Post-Election Briefing on November 8, 2018. Reid Wilson will provide remarks and Mary Woolley will discuss the Bipartisan Civic Engagement Initiative and Rachel Owen from the Missouri Science and Technology Fellows Program will share her group's experience. Yamiche Alcindor will moderate a panel including The Honorable John Edward Porter, The Honorable Michael N. Castle, The Honorable Bart Gordon and Sudip Parikh, PhD. The panel will explore implications of the election for medical and health research and development.
- Public Health Thank You Day is November 19, 2019! Mark your calendars now!
- Research!America member Horizon Pharma recently recently became an inaugural partner and first biopharmaceutical company to sign on to Together We Lead, an initiative of the Washington Area Women’s Foundation (WAWF) designed to create a space for women at various levels of partner companies to come together with their peers to understand the most effective strategies for advancing women leaders.
- Mary Woolley reminds us all of the importance of voting and advocacy and provides an outlook for what we might expect after the midterm elections.
- Our Member Spotlight is the American Society for Nephrology. Learn more about their initiatives to foster the development of therapies for diseases that affect the kidney.
You can also download the entire newsletter as a PDF.