NDD United Coalition to Stop Sequestration
LAST CALL: SIGN ON BY FRIDAY, AUGUST 21 TO HELP STOP SEQUESTRATION
Thanks to your support in 2013, NDD United was successful in securing partial and temporary sequestration relief for discretionary programs in FY 2014 and FY 2015. In fact, our work and partnership with the Aerospace Industries Association’s “Second to None” campaign was named one of the top 10 lobbying victories of 2013 by The Hill!
As you are probably aware, the current budget framework under which the House and Senate are writing their appropriations bills abides by the sequestered Budget Control Act (BCA) caps. The inadequacy of these levels has been proven time and time again through appropriations bills that fail to make the necessary nondefense discretionary (NDD) investments that protect all Americans and promote a strong economy.
If these cuts are to be avoided, Congress must work with the President to replace sequestration with a balanced approach to deficit reduction. Such sequestration relief should maintain the parity principle set in the “Ryan-Murray” Bipartisan Budget Act (BBA) and reverse sequestration for both defense and nondefense.
To amplify this message, we encourage all national, state, and local organizations to sign on to this letter (link below) urging Congress to build on the Bipartisan Budget Act and stop sequestration. Attached to this email is an UNCLEANED version of the list to date. If you are not on this list and wish to be, please complete the form in the link below. We are currently at about 1600 organizations (estimating the number of duplicates).
Below are the text of the letter and instructions to sign on. Due to the large number of signatures, we WILL NOT be accepting any edits. Organizations must sign on to the letter “as is.”
And please help us spread the word by forwarding this email and encouraging other organizations in your communities to join us—especially state and local chapters, affiliates, and groups. In the past, our NDD United sign on letters have drawn as many as 3,000+ organizational signatures from every state across the nation.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact NDD United Co-Chairs Emily Holubowich at firstname.lastname@example.org or Joel Packer at email@example.com. We look forward to your continued support for NDD United and our campaign to end sequestration, once and for all.
INSTRUCTIONS TO SIGN-ON
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- This sign-on letter is for national, state, and local signatures ONLY. Individual citizens CANNOT participate and WILL NOT be listed.
- When adding your organization’s name, please write it EXACTLY HOW YOU WOULD LIKE IT TO BE LISTED ON THE LETTER. Please double check your spelling before you submit your form. Note that if your organization’s name begins with the word “The,” it will be listed with the other organizations that begin with the letter “t.”
- Please confirm that you are in fact authorized to sign on for your organization by checking the appropriate box on the form. Only organizations with authorized individuals completing the form will be listed on the letter.
- We have added a section of the sign on form that asks you to identify the nondefense sector with which your organization most closely identifies. While your organization may identify with more than one, please choose the one that is MOST applicable. This question is meant for administrative use and will not appear on the letter sent to Congress.
- Due to the large number of signatures, we WILL NOT accept edits. Organizations must sign on to the letter “as is.”
- To sign on, complete the form in the link at the bottom of this email. The DEADLINE TO SIGN ON IS AUGUST 21! We aim to get this letter to the Hill in September.
Link to sign-on form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1CKU-w_ZTXpCUH64grdIEO1utOuEYVfyXwX9_ZB6gNHQ/viewform?usp=send_form
We hope you will join us in calling for an end to sequestration and harmful non defense discretionary cuts.