2021 Advocacy Awards Call for Nominations
2021 Nominations are now open
Nominations due December 2, 2020
Awardees announced early 2021
The 25th Anniversary Research!America Advocacy Awards will recognize the extraordinary work and enormous contributions made in the fight against the pandemic through a special set of honors called the Excellence in Achievement in Public Health Awards.
Research!America is announcing four Excellence in Achievement in Public Health Awards to honor individuals, entities, and partnerships demonstrating commitment to research through discovery, innovation, communication, and leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Excellence in Achievement in Public Health Awards
Nominations are being accepted in the following four categories.
(1) The Building the Foundation Award recognizes an individual(s) whose basic research discoveries played a pivotal role in the response to COVID-19.
(2) The Rapid Translation Award honors a public/private partnership that has made progress in the fight against COVID-19.
(3) The Meeting the Moment for Public Health Award recognizes an organization or group that has been instrumental in preparing first responders to meet the challenges of combating COVID-19.
(4) The Clear Voice Award honors an individual who has effectively communicated important health and science information to the public to contribute to the fight against COVID-19.
The Advocacy Awards Selection Committee will review all nominations. The Selection Committee consists of members of the Research!America Board of Directors and other outstanding advocates for research. While we encourage nominations to a specific award category, the Selection Committee reserves the right to determine the best category. At the discretion of the Selection Committee, some award categories may not be fulfilled in a given year.
For the 2021 awards, nominations will not be accepted for:
- Herbert Pardes Family Award for National Leadership in Advocacy for Research
- The Isadore Rosenfeld Award for Impact on Public Opinion
- The Gordon and Llura Gund Leadership Award
- The Geoffrey Beene Foundation Builders of Science Award
- The Paul G. Rogers Distinguished Organization Advocacy Award
Nominations will also not be accepted for:
- The Edwin C. Whitehead Award for Medical Research Advocacy
- The John Edward Porter Legacy Award
Nominees are not accepted by the Advocacy Awards Selection Committee, as those nominees are selected by the Research!America Board of Directors.
The annual Research!America Advocacy Awards program was established in 1996 by the Board of Directors to honor outstanding advocates for medical, public health, and scientific research.