Join Research!America and partners for a panel discussion and reception about the current rare disease research landscape. The program will provide expert discussion about the challenges and opportunities in rare disease research and the needs of the patient community. Approximately 50% of those affected by rare diseases are children, highlighting the need for robust research and patient and stakeholder collaboration to develop cures for these challenging diseases.
Program: 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Panel Discussion on the challenges and opportunities in rare disease research:
- Moderator: Mary Woolley, President and CEO, Research!America
- Srini Ramanathan, PhD, Vice President of Developmental Sciences, Horizon Pharma
- Kurt Newman, MD, President and CEO of Children's National Health System
- Shane DiGiovanna, Rare Disease Patient Advocate
RAREis Playlist Presentation: My Georgia Home
- Song performed by Ralph Covert, based on a story written by ten-year-old Ja’cori about living with chronic granulomatous disease
Networking reception to follow: 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Sponsored in part by
In partnership with
Click here to register.