Zoom Tips and Tricks
For recordings or any speaking appearances on Zoom or other video call services, here are a few tips:
- It is best for the computer/laptop camera to be at eye level. You may need to set it on a stack of books. The viewer should not be able to see your ceiling.
- A "medium" shot is ideal; not too close and not too far away. You want to frame your head and shoulders.
- Try to make sure the background is not too close; at least three yards away is recommended. A bookcase or neutral wall works fine.
- Lighting: during the day, natural lighting behind the camera is ideal. If the interview is at night, a lamp behind the laptop is recommended.
- In terms of clothing, solid colors work best. Jewel tones (blue, red, purple, yellow and green) work well.
Any questions? Want to chat?
Email Robert at email@example.com