Public Health Thank You Day 2013: November 25
Did you get your flu shot this year? Donate blood or give your time to health services? You are part of keeping our communities healthy as well so thank you!
On the Monday before Thanksgiving, Research!America and leading public health organizations take time to recognize public health professionals who work tirelessly every day to protect us. From the ordinary to the extraordinary, these heroes keep our drinking water safe, air clean and children healthy. Read about the work some public health heroes are doing around the country.
Help us spread the word with the Public Health Thank You Day 2013 flyer!
Ways to Get Active
- Join our Public Health Thank You Day Facebook group!
- Connect with your state and local public health heroes
- Write to your policy makers
- Place a Thank You Day ad on your website
- Place the Thank You Day banner on your website
- Place a Thank You Day ad in a local newspaper
- Use our template to submit a letter to the editor of your local paper in support of public health
- Use our template to issue a press release to your local media
- If you teach, use those templates in your classroom - let your students know that they can and should be advocates for public health research!
- Give an award to a public health hero in your community
- Present a public health hero with a thank you certificate (use our template or make your own)
- Send a thank you e-mail to your public health heroes using our thank you image
- Join our e-advocacy network.
Have another idea? Tell us how you will celebrate Public Health Thank You Day.
Research!America and the Campaign for Public Health Foundation, the American Public Health Association, the Association of Schools of Public Health, the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, the National Alliance for Hispanic Health and the National Association of County & City Health Officials ask Americans to give special thanks to their state and local "public health heroes" who protect the nation's health throughout the year.