Research!America is the nation's largest not-for-profit public education and advocacy alliance committed to making research to improve health a higher national priority.
Together, with our member organizations that represent a vast array of medical, health and scientific fields, our goals are:
- Achieve funding for medical and health research from the public and private sectors at a level warranted by scientific opportunity and supported by public opinion.
- Better inform the public of the benefits of medical and health research and the institutions that perform research.
- Motivate the public to actively support medical and health research and the complementary sciences that make advances possible.
- Promote and empower a more active public and political life by individual members of the research community on behalf of medical and health research, public health, and science overall.
To find out more about the benefits of membership in the Research!America alliance, please click here.
What We Do
- Advocacy: We advocate for strong funding and policies that support the advancement of medical, health and scientific research. We encourage our member organizations, their employees, their individual members and other stakeholders to do the same.
- Leadership: We provide leadership to help ensure strong, increased investment in the National Institutes of Health (link is external). We also advocate for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (link is external) and the National Science Foundation. We work with the Alliance for a Stronger FDA to ensure this critical agency receives the resources it needs.
- Outreach: We provide advocates across the nation with partnership opportunities as well as targeted messaging and other resources to build a unified voice for research and facilitate their own outreach to elected officials, news media, business leaders, colleagues and local communities.
- Public Opinion Polls: We gauge Americans' attitudes toward medical, health and scientific research.
- Public Education: We produce reports, fact sheets, position pieces and other publications to raise awareness about research issues, promote the importance of investment in research and foster effective collaboration among the nation's government, industry, academic and philanthropic research sectors.