Code of Ethics
The Research!America Code of Ethics applies to all employees, officers and members of the Board of Directors. Research!America expects its employees, officers and board members to act in accordance with the highest standards of personal and professional integrity in all aspects of their activities, to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, to deter wrongdoing, and to abide by any other policies and procedures adopted by Research!America that govern the conduct of its employees, officers and board members.
Members of the Board of Directors, officers, and employees agree to:
- Engage in and promote honest and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships;
- Respect the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of their duties;
- Provide colleagues with information that is accurate, complete, objective, relevant, timely and understandable;
- Comply with applicable laws, rules, and regulations of federal, state, and local governments;
- Act in good faith, with due care, competence and diligence, without misrepresenting material facts or allowing independent judgment to be subordinated;
- Assure the responsible use and control of all assets, resources, and information in the possession of Research!America;
- Disclose to the Audit Committee any material transaction or relationship that reasonably could be expected to give rise to conflicts of interest; and
- Promptly report any violation of this Code of Ethics to the chair of the Executive Committee.
The Executive Committee or the Board of Directors has discretionary authority over this Code of Ethics.