Science Communications Internship, Sponsored by Burroughs Wellcome Fund
We are not currently accepting applications for the Science Communications Internship. Check back in a few weeks for updates.
The Research!America alliance advocates for science, discovery, and innovation to achieve better health for all. We advocate for a federal policy climate that helps empower our nation’s biomedical and health research sectors as they work to accelerate medical progress.
Research!America is offering a paid, temporary Science Communications internship. Telework opportunity is possible. Interns assist the organization in advancing its mission and objectives. Internships are typically three-month appointments (start and end dates are flexible).
- Assist with basic website content updates.
- Assist with content for blog posts, web and social media accounts.
- Assist with preparations for speaking engagements.
- Write, proofread, fact-check, and edit articles, press materials, and emails to Research!America members.
- Contribute to reports and analysis of media coverage.
- Contribute to the analysis of survey data.
- Participate in communications strategy and program planning meetings.
- Provide on-site support at Capitol Hill briefings, programs, and other events.
- Other projects as assigned.
Ideal candidates will have a strong academic background, excellent writing and editing skills, and an interest in medical and health research and related policy issues. Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) is required; experience with web content management systems (WordPress), blog software, graphic design (Canva), and social media is strongly preferred.
Graduate students, PhD candidates, or post-doctoral researchers with science, health, communications, public policy, or related degree or degree program are preferred.