Science Communications Internship
Sponsored by Burroughs Welcome Fund
We are not currently accepting applications for the Science Communications Internship. Check back later for updates.
The Research!America alliance advocates for science, discovery, and innovation to achieve better health for all. We advocate for a federal policy climate that helps empower our nation’s biomedical and health research sectors as they work to accelerate medical progress. For more information about Research!America, click here.
Research!America is offering a paid, temporary Science Communications summer internship with some telework opportunity possible. Interns assist the organization in advancing its mission and objectives. Internships are typically three-month full-time appointments (start and end dates are flexible).
- Assist with basic website content updates
- Assist with content for blog posts, web and social media accounts
- Assist with preparations for speaking engagements
- Write, proofread, fact-check, and edit articles, press materials, and emails to Research!America members
- Contribute to reports and analysis of media coverage
- Contribute to the analysis of survey data
- Participate in communications strategy and program planning meetings
- Provide on-site support at Capitol Hill briefings, programs, and other events
- Other projects as assigned
Ideal candidates will have a strong academic background, excellent writing and editing skills, and an interest in medical and health research and related policy issues. Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) is required; experience with web content management systems, blog software, graphic design (Canva) and social media is strongly preferred.
Graduate students, PhD candidates, or post-doctoral researchers with science, health, communications, public policy, or related degree or degree program are preferred.