Research!America members are committed to advocating for science, discovery, and innovation to achieve better health for all. Passionate about the same mission? Join us or renew your membership today.
Members of the alliance can utilize timely, accurate, new, and continuously updated resources to support their policy and advocacy agendas. Members can also participate in and collaborate on advocacy efforts, large and small, that are key to speeding medical progress. Some of the ways members take advantage of membership in the alliance include:
- Using Research!America-generated public opinion survey data; up-to-date global, national, and local economic impact data and investment reports; briefing papers; and topic- and geography-specific presentations as tools to help inform discussions with stakeholders and decision makers.
- Enjoying frequent, interactive conversations and direct engagement with key subject matter experts, stakeholders, and federal officials.
- Accessing the annual National Health Research Forum at no-cost.
- Connecting with fellow alliance member organizations through new initiatives and opportunities to collaborate.
- Being part of a community that is working to ensure a higher importance is placed on faster health, medical, and scientific progress.
Download the 2023 Research!America Membership Prospectus..
- The Research!America alliance advocates for increased federal funding for our nation’s health, medical, and scientific R&D-focused agencies, including the National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control, National Science Foundation, Food and Drug Administration, and the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Membership in the alliance makes that voice even stronger.
- Once a university joins as a member, anyone at the university – faculty, staff, and students – is welcome to partake in the different parts of the Research!America alliance.
- Members with early career researchers can encourage them to attend the annual Early Career Researcher Summit. This one-day virtual event allows early career researchers to explore an array of career paths, network with fellow researchers, participate in professional development workshops, and engage in meaningful discussions around issues critical to the success of the R&D ecosystem.
- Academic research institutions play a critical role in speeding health, medical, and scientific progress. Membership in the alliance means heightened visibility of the importance of that crucial part of the R&D ecosystem.
Download the 2023 Research!America Membership Prospectus.
- Research!America believes patients deserve a faster innovation pipeline to life-changing and life-saving therapies and cures. At the same time, that pipeline should not put safety and efficacy at risk. Alliance members weigh in with key decision makers in the ongoing conversation on how to make that pipeline a reality.
- The Research!America alliance advocates for increased federal funding for our nation’s health, medical, and scientific R&D-focused agencies, while also reiterating that industry plays a vital role along the continuum of innovation – investment by federal dollars must occur alongside with strong industry engagement and investment to develop and deliver life-changing and life-saving therapies and cures. Join us to help make the case.
- Participate in our National Health Research Forum, where members can demonstrate subject matter expertise while engaging with top federal officials, leadership from across our broad membership, and distinguished national media to take an unvarnished look at issues that are vital to the well-being of our nation, our economy, and most importantly, patients.
- It is well-documented that Americans are concerned about drug prices. Research!America members connect with and engage key stakeholders and others to share ideas on how to achieve lower prices while avoiding slowing innovation and harming patients.
In Patient Advocacy?
- Research!America members can utilize up-to-date advocacy tools, briefing papers, public opinion survey data, and much more to advance their own advocacy efforts, both independently and in coordination with others in the alliance.
- The Research!America alliance advocates for increased federal funding for our nation’s health, medical, and scientific R&D-focused agencies, including the National Institutes of Health. Membership in the alliance makes that voice even stronger.
- Representatives from member organizations serve as panelists and guest speakers at Research!America programs throughout each year, spotlighting the importance of hearing the patient voice.