- This event has passed.
2018 Post-Election Briefing
November 18, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Join Research!America for a briefing as we look at the impact of mid-term election outcomes on the 116th Congress and implications for U.S. research and development (R&D).
American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1200 New York Ave, NW, Washington,DC 20005
Event Date and Time:
Thursday, November 8, 2018
10:00 am – 11:30 am ET
- Reid Wilson, national correspondent for The Hill newspaper. Wilson is an expert in spotting political trends as they develop. He will take the opportunity to break down the election results and share his insight into future trends.
Panel Discussion: U.S. R&D: Opportunities and Challenges in the Year Ahead
- Yamiche Alcindor, White House correspondent for the PBS NewsHour and a contributor for NBC News and MSNBC
- The Honorable Mike Castle, Research!America Board Chair, U.S. Representative (1993–2011)
- The Honorable John Edward Porter, Research!America Chair Emeritus, U.S. Representative (1980–2001)
- The Honorable Bart Gordon, Research!America Board Member, U.S. Representative, (1985–2011)
- Sudip Parikh, Ph.D., Research!America Board Member, Senior Vice President & Managing Director, DIA Americas, Senior Advisor, Senate Appropriations Committee (2001–2009)
Presentation: Bipartisan Civic Engagement Initiative
Research!America’s Bipartisan Civic Engagement initiative provides early career scientists opportunities to elevate the importance of scientific research in the national conversation to increase awareness of the societal benefits of research among candidates and the general public. We look forward to hearing from Rachel Owen, co-founder of the Missouri Science and Technology Policy Fellows Program, about her team’s successful engagement projects.