- This event has passed.
2023 Annual Meeting of Members
April 20 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
The 2023 Research!America Annual Meeting of Members highlighted our 2022 accomplishments and featured special guest speakers. This gathering, for leadership, staff, employees, and students of member institutions and organizations, was held on April 20, 2023, 1:00–2:15 p.m. ET
- Hear from Research!America’s newly elected Board Chair, Sudip Parikh, PhD
- Remarks from U.S. Representative Lauren Underwood (D-IL-14) on her ideas on policy and prospects for action on public health legislation in the 118th Congress
- Stay informed with remarks from the Honorable Dawn O’Connell, Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, Department of Health and Human Services, on preparing for public health emergencies
- Learn about BARDA’s current priorities from Gary L. Disbrow, PhD, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Director, BARDA, Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response, Department of Health and Human Services
- Hear from patient advocate Gabi Conecker, MPH, President and Co-founder, International SCN8A Alliance
Members also heard reports from Research!America leadership and voted on election of new directors and on amendments to the organization’s bylaws.