- This event has passed.
Discovery, Development, Delivery: Understanding the Biomedical Research and Development Pipeline
May 22 @ 11:30 am - 12:45 pm
May is Lupus Awareness Month, an opportune time to explore the “process behind progress” in the fight against this and other high-cost, high-burden diseases. Please join us on Monday, May 22, 2023, for an in-person lunch briefing with speakers representing the full spectrum of the health and medical research continuum, who will discuss their roles tackling research into and treatments for lupus and other diseases from bench to bedside. The briefing, Discovery, Development, Delivery: Understanding the Biomedical Research and Development Pipeline, will be held in the Dirksen Senate Building Room G-11 from 11:30 am-12:45 pm. Boxed lunch will be available. Space is limited.
The panel discussion will explore the path to innovation through both the public and private sectors and when and how patients can and should be included in driving medical progress. Any one avenue of research on its own cannot fully address patients’ needs, but each can make significant and appreciable improvements in health outcomes, ensuring patients have access to and truly benefit from medical advances.
- Jocelyn Moore, Senior Managing Director, Corporate Affairs, Pretium
- Clay Alspach, Principal, Leavitt Partners
- Mary Crimmings, Interim CEO Lupus Foundation of America
- Lindsey A. Criswell, MD, MPH, DSc, Director of the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS)
- Victoria Schnieder, PhD, Global Health R&D Program Manager at Research!America
- Sophia Kaska, PhD, Manager of Science Initiatives and Outreach at Research!America
Email Trent at email@example.com to RSVP.